Hi, I'm Blake. my big project is a tower defence game called 'Forgive Me My Henchmen'. you play as a typical head 'bad guy', deploying henchmen and sabotaging a building to delay an unstoppable one-man army.
If you guys have been checking my blog for updates since I found the artists for this project, I'm sorry :( A lot has been going on, and I've been working hard, I just haven't been updating the blog as these things happen.
I wanted to assure you that blog updates will be coming more frequently from now on :) These are some of the changes that have happened since last writing:
- Both artists signed their contracts and started creating artwork for FMMH (I will likely start posting FMMH in the near future).
- I added even more testosterone to the game, and reworked the door system yet again. I have finally arrived at something I know will be awesome and also easy to use.
- I have added a tutorial to the game (for the first few levels). This was surprisingly hard to design. Not technically (in terms of coding), but more in terms of creating a tutorial which is engaging as opposed to one which felt like reading an encyclopedia. Maybe I should blog more about this sometime.
- I changed the name of the company from ManaVuka to Siyavuka. I spent a lot more time on this decision than was probably necessary, but I ended up making the change because of the meaning that the word Siyavuka represents: The word 'Siyavuka' is a Zulu word with the rough translation 'We are waking'. The reason why this name resonates with me is because I want to make well though out, self-aware games that make people think. To an extent, this word captures that.
- I started eating popcorn as I program. It is delicious, and a wonderful productivity tool that you don't hear many people writing about.
Overall, all is well and we are pushing forward. Sorry for not writing for so long but I promise this will be a more happening page from now on.
Cheers guys - Blake